Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blog Pimpin': Decisions at Sundown (Created by Joseph 'Jon' Lanthier)


There's a new blog I'd like to promote, and not just because I'll be contributing to it every now and then. Two of the best bloggers in the 'sphere, Ed Howard of Only the Cinema and Joseph 'Jon' Lanthier of The Powerstrip, are also writing (no doubt better pieces than I could hope to produce) for the blog. What kind of blog you ask? Well, Jon created a blog called Decisions at Sundown (great Budd Boetticher/Randolph Scott movie by the way), a blog dedicated entirely to the Western. I realize that I haven't spent a lot of time talking about this particular genre here on the blog, but the Western is actually my second favorite genre behind Italian horror...so contributing to a blog about Westerns seems like a natural fit -- plus it will force me to become more adamant about watching Westerns, as I haven't made the effort of adding them to my rotation of DVD viewing in quite some time.

So anywho...mosey on over to Decisions at Sundown. Jon already has up a handful of great reviews on some of Anthony Mann's best work. Check it out.

4 comments

  1. This is a great communal project, indeed Kevin! I applaud your own involvement and your initial post. It is a place I will be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam:

    I look forward to seeing you over there. It's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they say in many corners of the world, "Cheers!" This is a most exciting development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alexander. Once I have some more time to watch movies I will be contributing more to this fine western blog that Jon has created.

    ReplyDelete