Monday, April 6, 2009

The Salem Film Fesitval is Coming Up...


The 4th annual Salem Film Festival is just a week away. I have my weekend pass for the opening weekend. I just want to encourage those of you in the area to head on over to their website and see about attending some of these films. The slate looks good as am I excited to see the new Atom Egoyan film Adoration and there's a really cool sounding forum/Q&A with legendary cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond. I'm pretty excited to bring you film by film updates and news from the Q&A sessions on this blog. The festival runs from Friday, April 17 - Sunday April 26. I can only make the opening weekend, but that is the weekend that seems packed with the best material. Salem Cinema is hosting the event in their brand new historic looking building on Broadway and Market. I am elated to see that Salem Cinema is moving from one screen to three, as this will give ample opportunity for film buffs in the area to catch the art house films in town, instead of driving up to Portland. This should be a great event. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures and mobile updates from the event, regardless I am planning on seeing at least five films Saturday. So look for that next weekend. Click on the hyperlinks above for more info on how to see these films and attend this sure-to-be-great event.

0 comments

Post a Comment